Did You Get Your Pink Lid?
At Rock Creek Coffee, we provide pink lids in the month of October.
Why? It’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
According to BreastCancer.org, did you know:
- “About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12.4%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- In 2018, an estimated 266,120 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 63,960 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- About 2,550 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in men in 2018. A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
- Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women. In 2017, it’s estimated that about 30% of newly diagnosed cancers in women will be breast cancers.”
These are some scary statistics! we want to help boost awareness about breast cancer so you can help your loved ones survive and thrive!
To find out more about breast cancer awareness and help others, check out The National Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation, Inc. and FORCE.
More than likely, you know someone who has cancer. Stop by the store to enjoy your favorite cup of coffee and help support breast cancer awareness, too!